Foreign Tax Services

Our professionals specialize in providing services catered towards the foreign investor. We have extensive experience and training with respect to the services that assist the sophisticated investor in structuring investments in the most efficient manner possible.

Specifically we provide the following services:

  • Purchasing Real Estate in the United States

    We assist investors in organizing their purchases of US real estate into efficiently structured entities for the sole purpose of maximizing their profit and protecting their assets.

Services Provided

  • Form 8288

    B Application for a Withholding Certificate for Dispositions by foreign personal of US Real Property Interests- In the case of an investor either purchasing or selling their interests, the IRS requires withholding of tax to secure any liabilities that may be generated from the transaction. In many cases, the withholding of tax is not required. Our firm will apply for a withholding certificate that will qualify the investor for a "reduced withholding of tax".

  • Form W-7

    Application for an IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number -  Events may arise where a foreign investor requires a Tax ID Number registered with the IRS. This number enables the IRS to identify a foreign investor when monies are withheld in the name of that investor, and also for the purpose of filing a US Income Tax Return. 

  • FBAR

    Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts -  If you have a financial interest in or signature authority over a foreign bank account (Includes a bank account, brokerage account, mutual fund, trust, or any other type of foreign financial account) you may be required to report the account on an annual basis to the Internal Revenue Service. Penalties for non-compliance to "FBAR" may range from $10,000 to $50,000 depending on the circumstances.

  • E2 Treaty Investor

    Foreign investors may be eligible for an E-2 visa if they invest a certain amount for a new or existing business. The business can be large or small and it is a great route for a foreign investor to receive a US Visa. There are many misconceptions regarding how much you need to invest, and there is no minimum or maximum amount. You investment may be as low as $15,000 or as high as millions.